Fare ye well young traveller. The west wind blows and the foreign shores call ye further more. Do not be swayed by poison ale and painted wenches, for they will smite you down against the rocky shore. In their stead, conquer thee snow capped peaks upon your board of fury,as thy are stout of heart and strong of will. Safe travels.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Goodbye old friend.


Since December 2008 a lovely little town called Whistler nestled high in the coastal mountains of British Columbia has been where I've called home. I have to say Whistler has been my favourite place to live, what more could you ask for? epic snowboarding all winter (and spring-summer), warm sunny summer days by the lakes, skate shreds,clean air and prestine surroundings plus a like minded population who in one way or another enjoy all the above notes as much as yourself. People bad mouth this place for being a scenester paradise but it's hard to look past the facts that Whistler is an amazing place to live.
Sadly for myself my time in Whistler has come to an end, It's been fun to say the least but unfortunatley it is time to say goodbye :(

The last 1.5 years have been a wave of good times, great people and lots of fun but where one adventure ends, another begins and I have Whistler to thank for leading myself to a new adventure. If it wasn't for Whistler I would never of met my lovely lena and I would never of found myself stumbling over the right words to ask 'where is the toilet?' It only seems like yesterday I was strapping in for my first shred of the season and now all of a sudden I'm looking dazed and confused trying to order a cheeseburger at McDonald's in Germany!!! and it's still called a cheeseburger!!!

So thankyou Whistler for the life changing experience. Goodbye for now,You won't be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment